Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sleepy, Sick Girl

I haven't been feeling too great this week. I kept clearing my throat at church last Sunday, which turned into this drainage and cough thing on Tuesday, followed by a fever, and an obnoxious combination of sneeze-coughing. Those are the weirdest. I haven't had any pukey business, so that's always a plus. Aiden has picked up my cough, so we've both done breathing treatments this week. That's right. I used my son's nebulizer to give myself my first breathing treatment yesterday. If you've never experienced that, think back to any room you've been in with a fog machine and you're there. It leaves that same smell and taste in your mouth. Despite the oddness, it did help. It was nice to not feel the raspy rattle in my chest everytime I tried to breathe in and out. I haven't had a fever since the 2 hour one on Wednesday, so that's a plus. I always hate when those break...I feel like I'm dying of heat stroke. I HATE being hot. The past two nights the NyQuil and I have been one. I'm very grateful to the makers of NyQuil and I'm sure that someday I will write an ode to NyQuil. Though the Wal-mart version seems to be a bit watered down and makes me more tired in the a.m. than it does when I'm suppose to be sleeping, it still helps. However, last night I had a dream that I was out to lunch with my sister and her kids and the Gosselin's...only the Gosselin's 6 youngest kids were all 10 yrs old, instead of 5. It was quite odd. Nevertheless, I appreciate the sleep I got. Well, the sleep I got around the times that I woke up to Aiden yelling, "Mommy! Where are you?! Mommy, I need you!!" Only there was quite a lot of him saying "mommy" before anything else. If you don't live nearby and haven't heard him speak, he stutters or stammers, or whatever the technical term is. A lot of times he says the same word several times before getting the rest of the sentence out. He may have to go see his Great Aunt Katie in Bakersfield, CA someday. She's a speech therapist, so I've been told. Oh, well. It's cute for now. Though we won't get to go to church tomorrow, we are feeling better, at least. Here's to unclogged ears and no more sniffing!!

No comments: