I hate kids feet. No scratch that....they are cute and precious. I hate trying to find shoes for their little toes!!! This is a picture of all of the shoes that Aiden has owned from May-July. The first two are size 4 and were both purchased in May. By the middle of June, they were too small. Then we moved on to the Nemo sandals, which I could've done without, but we were desperate for shoes!!! They are 5 1/2 and were the only thing wide enough for him. They are a 1/2 size too big, and even with socks and a band-aid, rub off the skin on the back of his fat foot. The girl at Payless said he was in wide, so I'd been looking for Stride Rites, waiting for the sales to start. Finally, I found a pair of cute Stride Rite sandals for him...if you know nothing about Stride Rite, most of their shoes start out at $30. My shoes are cheaper than that!! They are extremely good shoes(we ran into the problem w/Emily last Spring of finding comfy shoes for her and that's what she got), but not something that is really easy to work into the budget. So, I went ahead and got him size 5W shoes and they came in the mail yesterday. I was so excited! That was until I couldn't get the velcro together. Still, they were too small! So, today the kids and I went over to Douglas and Oliver...College Hill area, my favorite...and visited Little Feet Boutique. The sales guy(who graduated from my high school a few years before me) measured his foot and gave me the bad news. He's in 5's but his foot is EXTRA WIDE!!! 'Cause they have extra wide shoes everywhere!! After trying on some sandals and seeing if the ones we bought came in an extra wide, we were left having to buy tennis shoes. It was like watching a miracle performed...my son's feet fit in them. More importantly, they were comfy for him and we could tie them!!!! :) That man is my new best friend. Since May, the grand total that I have spent on shoes for my 14 month old is $101 bucks (the Adidas were $15, the Genuine Kids were $12 @ Target, the Nemo's were on sale for $8 @ Payless, the first Stride Rites were $30 and the new shoes were $36..ouch.)!!!! They are going to be a tad hot for this weather, though. It's a good thing he only really wears shoes to church!!
I guess we all know what I will be selling at the consignment sale!!
No comments:
Post a Comment