Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Fun

Once again, another Sunday spent at the pool. We had a youth sponsors meeting beforehand and needed to relax from all of the rushing around the night before and this morning. Emily had fun swimming with Granny and playing with her pail in the pool! She had her first little sunburn on her arm today. Very light, thankfully. This time I actually came home with a nice sunburn!! YESSSS!! I'm gradually building up a "tan" (from my freckles congregating together) before I head to Tennessee for CIY(Christ in Youth conference). We leave at 6 a.m. in 13 days...but who's counting. I will be gone from the 12th-19th, so Justin is preparing to fend for himself. I would appreciate anyone willing to make a daily call to my husband to make sure my kids are still alive!! :) On the trip, we will be going white water rafting, and for those of you who have actually seen me, you know that I am super white. I didn't want to get a lobster sunburn like I did at camp one year(my youth girls always remind me of that painful week) and be so far away from my comforting bed! :) Hopefully I won't be so fried!!
Today at church, Jason announced that he would be making the move to Missouri to become the Senior Minister there. I still have no idea how to tell my daughter that Karsten will be leaving. As you see, she loves to play with him. They have had a lot of interested people looking at buying their house, but are still trying to secure a place to live in St. Joseph. Please keep them in your prayers!!
Aiden's 1st wagon ride...he loved it!
While we were at the pool, I found out that my best friend from middle school, Sean(who Justin ran into 2 weeks ago) proposed to his girlfriend this morning..and she said YES!! I'm so excited for another wedding!!!! :)
Emily loves to play dress-up and willingly posed for this picture. She likes to look at the pics after I take them on the digital camera! As she says, she was "No White". Thank you Aunt Carrie for the outfit! Hopefully we will get to visit my sisters and Emily's 3 cousins on Friday for the 4th. We wanted to have a family day trip before I went on my(extremely long drive) trip.

No comments: