Friday, August 22, 2008

Officer in Trouble

I know that I have posted a blog of the pictures from Father's Day, but here is a reminder, before I start my story. This is the only time she has ever been allowed to touch any part of Justin's police gear, simply because it was for a picture and it wasn't hooked on to the actual radio.
Last night, Justin was suppose to have been off at 8 p.m. He actually made it home after 10 p.m., due to a DUI accident that he was working. Every night when he comes home, he takes off his duty belt, puts it up high in the closet, and puts his radio away behind his pillow. Our bed is very high up, so the radio isn't in a place that Emily could actually reach up and get it. HA! That's what we thought!
Justin and I were downstairs talking about his classes, and we heard running upstairs. It was 11 p.m. and we had already put Emily to bed. So, Justin ran up to check to see what was going on. His phone was ringing and his radio was blaring, officers talking about where we lived. Justin answered his phone, and it was his Lt. calling to say get on your radio, dispatch has been trying to get ahold of you! Emily had climbed on his nightstand, got his radio out from far back behind his 3 pillows, turned on the radio, raised the volume, and hit the panic button 8 times!!! One of the officers told Justin that they were on the verge of heading out to our house, lights and sirens. I sent a text to one of my friends with this story and he said,"You have the best stories." I swear, I don't make this stuff up! :)

No comments: