Justin started school on the 20th, so we pretty much see him on the weekends. He just had his first English Comp class of the semester yesterday. He had missed getting into the English Comp 1 class by 1 stinking point, and was enrolled in a Fundamentals class. Thankfully, after showing his teacher his writing, she passed him to English Comp 1. He is so excited. He is taking Physical Science on Tuesday/Thursday, Intro to Admin. of Justice on Wednesday, and New Testament on Friday. This semester his Bible class is more like a history class, which he hates, but he will complete his humanities requirements. He has to take Intro to Admin. of Justice, despite the fact that he is already a police officer because he was in the academy over 5 years ago. His teacher has already told him that he will be teaching the section over the police field. The other sections talk about things like corrections and stuff that he isn't in. Since Jus is back at school, he took the last weekend available to work on the kitchen. Last weekend, Papa came over and helped Justin put up the beadboard, chair rail and baseboards in our kitchen/dining room. Our rooms are FINALLY done! Well, for the most part. :) We had our family over on Sunday to hang out and show off the somewhat remodeled kitchen. We have plans on replacing the back slider(by this summer, before Westar hikes up our electric bill!), our countertops, backsplash, sink and faucet. Appliances will come sometime after that(the stove FIRST!!) and then we will have a new kitchen! Here is Emily helping "push" the board onto the wall...Aiden just stands around and smiles for the camera! Everytime Papa would come in after cutting the boards, Aiden would have to chase after him and say "hi" a billion times.

On the 24th, we went to my parents for Jack and Carrie's birthday dinner. Today is Jack's 77th b-day(even though I keep saying he's 78...oh, well. The point is he's old. :) ). Happy Birthday, POP!

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Lyle Coulter! Carrie and Lyle got married at the courthouse on January 16th. She called us that evening with the news. Since his family lives so far away and were going to miss it, they didn't tell us either until after it was done. Fine with me! Means I didn't have to threaten two kids to sit and be quiet through a wedding. Best wedding ever! :)

I was trying to take a pic of Grace(that's Carrie's middle name..we call her that a lot, so if you read that, you know who I'm talking about) and Lyle. The kids see the camera and start saying "cheese".

Waiting for Papa to come back in the house, so he can say "HI"!

This is my fave of Aiden's recent pics. He LOVES the camera and anytime he SEES a camera he calls it "cheese".
Oh, and I can't forget the other great news....Mary Anne(my older sis) and Perry found a house, put in a contract and got it!!! I have only gotten to see the pics online and on their camera, but it looks absolutely gorgeous! The best part is that they will live minutes away from us. They didn't get the last house I had mentioned. This house is down the same main street we are off of, and through about 3 main intersections. That's it! I am so excited. They close on February 17th, so they will be staying at her dad's house in Valley Center for about a week before they can move in. I will be sure to take pics of the house when they get their keys! I know that Emily is ready to see her cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment