Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mommy I Get Better!

Emily has been sick and is begging to be better already! She has missed church and school and is aching to go play with her friends! Uncle Jason was sick during his visit and left all of his sick germs here. Granny and Papa are sick at their house. I am sick, as is Aiden. He has teeth issues mixed in with his, so he's a big ball of fun. There have been a lot of emotional breakdowns over the past week. The only time I can have two calm children is when I turn on their Wiggles DVD...THANKS AUNT NATALIE!! Aunt Mary Anne and Uncle Perry put in a contract on a house very, very close to us(we're talking traveling through two intersections, around two corners and we're there!) so, we are praying that this is the ONE!! The husband had to relocate for his job and is already out of state. It's priced higher than it should be, mainly cause they've only been there 3 yrs, so they are going to end up paying money out of their pockets. I know that we will be at their house ALL OF THE TIME if they move there. The kids will LOVE it!
Emily's imagination has been in overdrive lately. I don't know if it's all of the medications or what. :) Anytime she dresses up, the rest of the family is also in character. If she's a princess, then I am dubbed "Mommy Princess", Aiden-"Dood Prince", "Mimi Princess" and "Daddy King". I've been Mommy Superhero, Mommy Cheerleader, Mommy Rockstar and Mommy Snow White. Anytime Emily can't find Aiden or he gets hurt, he is her "buddy". We hear a lot of "Mommy, I can't find my buddy", "my buddy's lost" or "oh, my buddy got hurt". It's so funny to hear her call him that. I wish that I had taken a picture of it, but Emily has a new pet...a dog...that is a shoe box. She's named it something like "Vincent". I can't tell what she's saying when she says his name. It's stinking hilarious. The kids at school had shoe boxes that they put shapes on and had a string looped through a hole. I was clearing things out of her closet and came across it. She was so thrilled to have it. The string is the leash for her dog and she drags this thing all around the house saying it's a good dog, to kennel up, all while she takes it for walks. You would think we needed to get her a dog, but we already have 2! I will have to take a pic of her with her "dog" sometime.
Aiden's vocabulary and speech have really started to pick up. As my mom says, Emily came out talking. Aiden has been overpowered by her, so he is just now finding his own words. Instead he just communicates in actions or noises and there are lots of hugs and kisses, as well. Those are my favorite. He was talking to my mom on the phone the other day and she actually asked me which one she was talking to. Usually his conversations on the phone consist of the words "Gra", "Papa" "Dad" "Mom". Now he is saying "Mimi" clearly, "hi", "Abby", "Callie", "bye bye"and "nigh-night". His favorite word is "bath". He loves the bathtub and if you say bath then he will go running to the bathroom and try to get in the tub. We've gotten to the point where we have to tell Emily to stop saying that word around Aiden!
Justin had a hard time sleeping one night...I have been one with the Nyquil at night, so I was completely conked out, snoring loudly. He apparently slept wrong and his neck and shoulder have been paying the price for about a week now. He finally decided to go see Dr. Hoppock today and see what the problem is. Hoppock said that his muscle was inflamed and gave him meds for that and then a sample muscle relaxer, which he can't take til Thursday after work. It works for 24 hours and makes the body sluggish, so Hoppock told him not to use it til his days off. To make matters worse, we can't take any hot baths around here, cause the pilot light to the hot water tank won't light. The tank is not quite 2 years old, so we don't need a new one. We have a home warranty, so whatever is wrong, is only going to cost $55 to fix! We have an idea of what is wrong with it...the plumber even said the part that sounds like it's broken has been recalled on the heaters. Wonderful. Hopefully they will be here by Friday. Til then, we will be spending a lot of time at Granny and Papa's in their bath tub(good thing they have 3 bathrooms!) I just spent an hour boiling enough water to wash and rinse the dishes(it took a while cause we really only have one working burner on the stove) and then I had to hand wash all of them. If my mom read this she would laugh. We always have to hand wash dishes at her house and she knows how much I hate it!!

No comments: