Well, I lied. I couldn't wait til Sunday to post her b-day pics, so here they are! Anyone who has really wanted to hear Emily talk, check out the videos at the bottom of the blog.***
We went to my parents for Emily's birthday, since Justin took off work for the day. She loves to visit...she sees lots of farm animals on the way there, so that is always a highlight of the trip. At Thanksgiving, Uncle Josh said something to Emily about being born in a barn or living in a barn, something only an adult would understand, and she got all excited at the thought of living with all of the animals that she always wants to see at the zoo. She even mentioned seeing the horses and how they "stank". At my mom's house, Emily runs to the piano and Aiden runs to Pop(he runs to his Papa here, too). Jack has the chair on wheels, so Aiden always wants to go for a ride.

It's my birthday and I will do what I want to. She always fights with me when I want her to smile, so I just took a picture of what she was doing. I'm sure she will pay the consequences when she's older. :) ha ha.

Gra made Emily's birthday cake. I use to get a doll cake when I was a little girl, too, so it was nice to see my mom get to make one again. My mom used a new Barbie, so she had to take the legs off it! That was a task and a half to get them back on! The Barbie is a ballerina girl...Emily calls it the "birthday girl" doll.

Spoiling the grandson. Honestly, the kid didn't need HIS cake, let alone HERS!

Enjoying her yummy princess cake.

Cinderella dress from her mommy and daddy. We are going to see Santa tomorrow and she keeps telling me that she wants Santa to bring Cinderella and The Heffalump Movie DVD's...I've already bought them, of course. Months of begging...please no more!

Emily's new dishes...my mom found some nilla wafers, frosting and sprinkles for Emily to take home and make her own cookies. She helps my mom decorate cookies and cupcakes when we go to her house.

Pots and pans...she and her brother already know how to bang the lids together. Wonderful.

So much for waiting til we got home to open it...thanks mom!

Thanks Pop!!

Playing and singing "Happy Birthday" with Aiden. She's sung it so much, that he now knows the words...only he thinks it's hapy birthday "MIMI" all of the time, so we'll have to fix that.
Two of the videos are of the kids with their new toys that were sent to them from Germany. Aunt Natalie always sends the best packages filled with yummy treats and goodies for the kids. I let them open one each(at 10p.m., no less) when daddy came home on Tuesday night. They both went to bed with their toys. Aiden fell asleep with his in his lap. He got a little Fisher-Price radio and she got a Dora player that plays whatever is in the machine and comes with glorious headphones. I love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment