Sunday, March 29, 2009

What's That Phrase Again?

I think the phrase is suppose to be "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb", but mother nature never got the memo. After putting the city, as well as most of the state, under a blizzard warning, this is what we had to show for it. An inch and a half of it was sleet from the day before, and then we got about 5 inches of snow...give or take. This was the FIRST time my kids have gotten to play in snow...EVER! Sure it's snowed plenty of times, but either one or both of the kids was sick, or it wasn't very much snow, or I was just not wanting to hold my baby Aiden while I chased Emily around the yard. Emily got to wear her new snow boots that I bought for her in January. It hadn't snowed since I bought them, so I was grateful that she got to wear them at least once! Aiden on the other hand...well, I'm sure you've read previous blogs about the curse of the extra wide foot. He doesn't actually have shoes to wear in the snow. So, he got to wear Emily's brown boots..they aren't extra wide, but they are at least brown and a size and a half too big. That helped give his fat foot a fighting chance. He found out very quickly that the snow was edible. He'd pick it up and eat it, even off of his boots after we were back in the house! Justin said that we will have to teach him about yellow snow very soon! :) Daddy enjoying his little snow monsters.
The kids really enjoyed the snow, but when it starts sleeting on your face, you have to call it a day!
Here are the kids(Aiden was "helping" daddy shovel the snow off our walkway) in front of our house. I was off the curb, standing in four inches of water under the snow. Our curbside gets pretty flooded when it rains. Thankfully, I had on my snow boots!
Making tracks in the snow. Justin was throwing snow up in the air and the kids were running around by him. Me and the kids...they were not thrilled to have their play/eating snow time interrupted. By the time I got to take a pic with them, the battery on our camera had already died(5 minutes into playtime). Justin took this with my cell phone's camera.
A nice little black and white shot of our street. We hadn't had much traffic down our street yet, so the snow was still pretty and not yet slush. Tim and Rena left early on Friday to head up to KC and St. Joe to see Ja and Heidi. They missed all of the wintery fun here, though I heard it was quite cold and suppose to snow there. They DID bring back our door that we bought while we were there!!! We didn't have room on the way back, so they hauled it for us. Justin put it in the corner of our room by my side of the bed. I walk in the room, say "AHHHH" and just sit there and stare at it. It's so pretty! I cannot wait to get it on the wall! Some other weekend...
We were suppose to take pictures this weekend with our favorite photographer, Jackie Cooper, but had to re-schedule due to the weather(they were going to be at the park!). The majority of the snow in our yard melted today and there are giant puddles everywhere in the backyard. Streets are clear once again. Tomorrow there's suppose to be thunderstorms. Maybe next week it will be 80 degrees? Well, it could happen. It's Kansas!

No comments: