Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Weigant

Finally!! He's married! Justin and I had the honor of attending our friend Matt Weigant's wedding today. It was so great to see him say "I DO"!!! Justin and Matt grew up singing together at church. I met Matt when I started going to Glenn Park my junior year of high school. We dated for a short time, and he was even my first kiss! HA!! We have always been great friends and he was even asked to be in our wedding(almost 6 years ago!), but he was on a road trip playing soccer for Friends University. Originally, Justin was going to drive the limo for his wedding. Then, his boss told him that the limo was booked for the day and he wouldn't get to stay for the wedding if he drove. Matt decided he'd rather have Justin AT the wedding, than driving the car. However, with Dr. Tiller's funeral being today....Justin almost missed his chance to be at the wedding. Thankfully, the funeral was incident free(60 U.S. Marshall's...it should be incident free!!!), so Justin got off work at 12:30pm, instead of 5pm. Matt was so excited when I texted him before the wedding, saying he'd be there. Despite the crazy week, we made it to Matt's wedding...and even got to watch him cry. :) ha ha. Matt's so sensitive!
Justin and I enjoying a second night out without the kids!! Best weekend ever!!
Melissa and Matt Weigant!!!

No comments: