Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Whyte House(well, mostly me) has been glued to ESPN lately, enjoying the FIFA Confederations Cup(AKA- lots of soccer). For those of you who don't care about soccer...well, just stop reading this. Growing up, soccer was one of my favorite sports to play and watch. Having a brother who played, I learned a few things about the game. These days I just watch the games on the tube or on the sidelines, but I still love it just as much! My good friend, Frank(Natalie's hubby), is stationed in Bahrain right now, and wasn't able to watch the U.S. vs. Spain game the other day. I had the opportunity to act as commentator for him over YahooIM. Good thing I knew what I was talking about. :) Today was the final game...(Frank made it to the nearby pub for this one)U.S. made it to the finals to battle Brazil...of course Brazil being a HUGE soccer country and 5 time World Cup winners, they beat us out 3-2. It was a GREAT game, though. Now we are counting down the days til World Cup 2010...only 348 days left. Since World Cup tickets range from $800(for the 1st round games) to about $4,000(for the World Cup final game), I think it's safe to say that we will be watching the games via ESPN. :) However, if anyone wants to start a soccer fund for me to go to the game.... **Pictured below: U.S. player, Clint Dempsey(scored the first goal against Brazil), with another favorite team of mine.

No comments: