Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In 8 Months....

...we will be taking our first real family trip.
Our long awaited trip is in the works as we speak. Not to a simple place like San Diego, but to a more complicated destination. One that requires all four of us to have passports, lots of luggage, and deal with a very long, whining-all-the-way(probably not just the kids, either) flight. All this to meet up with my best friend in Germany. Justin and I decided two nights ago that we needed to make the impossible, possible. Ever since our discussion, the trip has been all we can talk about! I've missed the Fappiano's so much! Natalie and I have been friends since 2003, so when she and her family were moved to Germany, it was difficult on both of us! We are planning to take a two week trip to see Nat and the family in March...providing that Frank is not deployed at that time! Frank is currently in Bahrain, but will be back to Germany by the end of the summer. He will soon have a new job, one that does not allow us to know with any certainty his future "outtings". So, it's a waiting game. In the meantime, we will be working on getting passports. Justin was told they take a lot more time to get now and as of July 1st(today) they require more documents. Lucky us. We WILL get there, Natalie and Frank!! I promise! Natalie and I have been talking about taking a trip while we are in Europe to Paris to visit Disneyland Resort Paris. More than likely we will get to be in the park for just one day, but that's fine with me!!! I had told Justin that I wanted to go to Disney next summer for an early 30th bday trip(it's too hard to do that in December). We've also thrown around the idea of flying from Frankfurt to Italy. They have a European airline that flies very cheap throughout Europe. Justin and I are dying to go to Italy. Frank and I are planning on hitting up a soccer game somewhere in Europe, as well. He's a Manchester United fan and I'm a Bayern Munich fan(Luca Toni-Team Italy and Landon Donovan-Team U.S.A play for that club team), so I'm sure we will be discussing which game to go to til our arrival in Germany. Either way, that's 3 things that I've always wanted to do...go to Paris, Italy and a soccer game. Now I just need to make a trip to Ireland and I'll be good to go! :) Our days at La Petite Academy...
Emily and Kaitlynn...Kait is about 5 1/2 mos older than Emily and the girls have been hanging out together since they were babies. The last time we saw Kait, Aiden was only a couple months old. The girls hadn't seen each other since Sept. '06(this was taken in July '07). The girls have talked on the phone to each other, which is hilarious, but it will be nice to have them in the same room playing together again. I don't think they know each other's personal languages, so having their mom's there to translate will be beneficial.
Since their move, Frank and Natalie have added another daughter to the family. Christianna is much bigger ...now she's 19 mos. old. We haven't gotten to meet her yet, but from pics, we can tell that she looks just like her mom! Maybe she and Aiden will be good friends.
This is one of my favorite pictures that Natalie has sent me over YahooIM. Kaitlynn(or Frankenbeans, as Tari calls her...since she looks exactly like her dad) has been involved in dance classes and as you can see, looks so cute doing her dances! Natalie is in the yellow shirt in the mirror w/ Christianna at her feet. Thank goodness for YahooIM...it's been so nice to get to talk to Nat on a daily basis...or whenever she's able to get on!
Frank in Iraq last December...Justin and I are thrilled to finally get to see Frank, as well. We haven't seen him since they moved in 2006. Frank and I have gotten to watch a lot of soccer recently from two different countries. We are both excited to put face paint on the kids and enjoy a soccer game, in a stadium, while being in the SAME country as each other!! :) I know that Justin(or Big J, as Frank calls him)is ready to share some good laughs with another military buddy. I know you guys will read this...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the meantime, I will be saving like a mad woman and rowing like crazy(so I can be in shape and not out of breath from all of our running around all over Europe!). To everyone reading this, don't expect Christmas/Birthday gifts from us this year!! :)

1 comment:

The Fappianos said...

I think I'm going to cry! I am so excited!!