This 4th of July weekend we will be relaxing and laying about...as much as two parents can with two toddlers. To start off our weekend, I got OUT OF BED at 6:45am. I don't EVER do that on purpose, but I had told my sister I would come over this a.m. and help her cook food for her big family gathering tomorrow. 25 peeled potatoes and 48 de-shelled eggs later, I was spent. I left my sister's house at 11:45am and headed home to pick up the fam so we could go to the pool. There we hung out with Tari and her family. No one was beaten with any of the noodles this time, but Tari and I did enjoy playing ball in the pool. Nothing like playing a little catch with someone who can throw AND catch(aka "not my husband"). So, two hours and one sunburn later(well, the kids got a little red, too, especially Aiden-he's looking like Santa with rosy red cheeks!), we called it a day and headed home for an early bedtime. For me, anyway. I was out by 6:30pm. Tomorrow we have absolutely NO plans to do anything. Not even fireworks. I haven't really done fireworks(and been excited about them) since my dad was with us. I don't like burning myself when I'm already burning in the July heat and the kids hate the loud noise, so we don't even buy them. I know, I know. I'm un-American. I can live with that. I am very ready for the 4th to be over and to have my somewhat quiet neighborhood back. Hearing things pop outside all night is not my idea of a great time.

Me and Tari actually in a picture together! She loves to take pics, as well as I do, so we usually don't get too many of us in the same picture!

I have a ton of photos with Justin and the kids in the pool..today was my turn to take one with Aiden.

Me and Tari...Justin snapped this one. Tari fought back to get her volleyball figure back this year..hopefully my sporty one will be in tact soon, as well!!

Tari and Morgan hanging out.

The super curls. So cute.

Everyone in the pool. Without red welts from being beat with the noodles.
No comments:
Post a Comment