Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Sensation

Summer. There are very few things that happen in the summertime that are a constant, every year deal. I about die of heat stroke. My a/c bill sky rockets! I get a sunburn. There is one thing I ABSOLUTELY LOVE about summer. Summer camp. Which also means getting to see Andrew.
One of the greatest perks to having Andrew work at World Impact in St Louis(..well, a totally selfish reason), is the fact that he brings kids out to Florence, KS for camp! Justin and I took the kids out to see "Uncle Andrew" today and hang out for a little bit. We usually spend more time driving THERE, then we actually get to spend AT the camp, but it's worth it. We didn't get to see Adria this time, but since we saw her in April, we let it slide(Adria, next time you'd better be there! :) ). The kids got to do a little bit of sliding and swinging, walked around in the mud(as I yelled at them to stay out of it) and on big rock steps. We even watched Justin shoot hoops...and actually put them in the basket!
This is going to be one of my favorite Aiden pictures. When Emily was this age, well, even now, she didn't get that close to any guys. Aiden gave Andrew five when prompted and even had a conversation with him. I had to translate, of course, but it was enough for Andrew to get to hear him talk. Andrew was pulling double duty- holding on to his container of brownies we brought for him(I was a slacker and forgot to grab him his usual pistachios) and making sure my child didn't try to jump from the higher-than-normal porch swing.
Emily and the boys enjoying their swinging time. The first thing that Emily said to Andrew(again, a miracle that she speaks to him!) when she saw him was, "Where's Adria?" Ha ha. Just proves that Adria is loved, too.
Justin chased the kids around while Andrew and I chatted for a few minutes. Too bad we didn't have much to actually get caught up on. Our main communication system is text messaging, since I know he always has his phone on him! :) ha ha. This was a picture of all of us taken by a wonderful staff member during our visit last summer. It now sits in a frame in our living room. What a blessing it is for Justin and I to be able to speak with them and how grateful we are knowing that are children are being blessed by them, as well. We love you, our wonderful friends!

No comments: