My little corn munchers. I had to "threaten" the kids yesterday..."if you can't be good you can't have any corn for dinner". Sadly, it worked. Justin is on a diet so he can get back into the Reserves quickly, so there is a stack of sweet corn in husks in the fridge. Now I can really call them "Children of the Corn"! You'd have to really know me to get that joke....sorry.
I remember how I use to update and say things about Emily's developments...and I don't do that. Aiden is left out quite a bit in that manor. Speaking of which, I need to update their baby books, too. Anyway, AIDEN is talking more and more clearly, pairing words together, making little phrases. First off, the kid says "thank you" for practically everything. Give him a drink..."tank you, mommy". Change his diaper..."tank you, mommy". Let him out of time out....(gasping between sobs)"tank...you...mom...my". He really is a sweet boy. When he's by himself. Emily turns him into this creature, that should only be released on your friends that you are trying to talk OUT of having more kids. She shows him things like how to walk from the top of the couch to the top of the coffee table. He now has an inch long BLACK'ish bruise on the edge of his ear(on your right in the pic, though you can't see it well). He likes to yell at Emily. She has taught him that, as well. Usually she yells, "No, Dood!" Now he tells her, "No, Ah-nly!" That's how he says her name. Another new word. It use to just be Mimi, a nickname which came about when she first said her name. I think he started that about a week ago. I noticed this weird word that he was constantly saying. He was just calling his sister. It's very much like my little sister when she would call my name. My mom would call me and say, "Su-sie". When Carrie started it was "Ooo-ey". That then progressed into "Fu-fie", a name that they like to bring up from time to time. Aiden says stuff like, "Ah-nly, come here" or "Ah-nly, where are you?" or "Ah-nly, big, big bull"...which translates to "Emily in big, big trouble". Daddy comes home at night and always asks Aiden if he was good. He always tells the truth, shaking his head and saying, "Aiden big, big bull!" Which is typically the case, since daddy comes home at bedtime(when he's home early) and Aiden is at his worst then. I've decided that if Aiden was a super hero, his super power would be his stealthiness. He gets very quiet behind the chair, while drawing on his hands with my favorite ink pen. One that he's stolen from my purse, and now bent the tip til it's about to break off. Or taking off with ____, after we've told him a million times he cannot touch it. Between the bad, he has his cute quirks and comments. I told them we were having grapes for lunch and Aiden yelled, "YAY! Aiden love grapes!" Emily says, her own funny things, as well. During the rain the other day, Emily watched the down pour through the dining room curtains stating, "Wow. I've never seen it rain before!" Hardly. Or watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time at my sister's this week, "Mom, look at Belle! She looks wonderful!"(in response to Belle entering the room in her yellow dress). Or my favorite, "daddy, you're lazy!" I take full credit for that...the man crammed grapes in a container, smooshing a fourth of them in the process, instead of taking them off the stems so they would all fit! So, I of course got mad and said he was lazy. My fault. She is becoming a little mom to her brother, which he could care less about. Today he was unbuttoning his shirt and she was telling him, "No, Aiden. Let me help you," while fighting back his hands, as well as his arguments, and trying unsuccessfully to button his shirt back up. She has been doing a superb job of fighting me on the whole potty training thing. She is now a seasoned veteran in that department. She does not like to go when you tell her to. Usually we get the response, "But I can't want to go potty!" Then I give her the "you-will-not-live-to-see-your-birthday-if-you-don't-go-to-the-bathroom-right-now" look and she sits on the toilet, always squealing in excitement when she does finally go, like it's the biggest surprise of her life. So aggravating. Aiden's favorite things to do in the bathroom are 1. bathtime 2. brush his teeth(that might be a close tie with baths) 3. wash his hands 4. clean the toilet with his toothbrush, or whoever's brush he can get to first. Curse that step stool. Another thing he does with his super power of extreme stealth. We now have a stash of new toothbrushes waiting in the wings. One thing Aiden loves to do that doesn't involve him getting into trouble, is watching Bear in the Big Blue House. Oh, that Bear. I owe him my life some days. Last winter I would break out Bear videos on super frigid days, so now I incorporate Bear with cold...which is nice to think about on 100 degree days! Aiden LOVES Bear now. He gets excited when Bear sings the "Where is Shadow?" song. He loves Shadow, too. The kid will just sit and stare at this show(as well as Blue's Clues...I can't forget that magical show), not moving, to the point where you're not sure if he's even breathing anymore. I asked him yesterday if he wanted ice cream and he didn't even hear me. Our flight to Germany will be filled with Blue's Clues, Bear in the Big Blue House, Sesame Street, Caillou, Finding Nemo, and Barney videos for sure. Aiden is enjoying being independent. Or attempting to be. He puts his shoes on his feet by himself. The majority of the time they are on the wrong feet, but hey, they are on, velcro straps together and everything. I think Emily only put her shoes on the wrong feet twice in her life(no exaggeration), so it's weird to help him put shoes on his little hobbit feet. Yes, I called my son's feet "hobbit feet". If you haven't seen them, don't be so quick to cast judgements on me. He is in an 8.5 extra wide this summer. His sister is currently wearing size 9 shoes(toddler sizes for both). She isn't showing any signs of needing bigger shoes for the Fall. However, we have already stocked him up. Two pairs of 9xw shoes and two pairs of 9.5xw. He has a brand new pair of size 9 xw sandals for this summer in case he grew, but I don't think he'll need them. Waisted $32 dollars, but it's a price I have to pay. I spent all summer last year with a boy who had to wear hot tennis shoes and socks on the 100 degree days because there were no sandals available in July for his hobbit feet. This year I planned ahead. Anyway. I've learned my lesson. Besides, my niece Famie has a hobbit foot boy, as well, that can benefit from my loss...once he's actually into that size. We blame the Anderson side for the curse of the hobbit feet. Famie's dad(my half brother) had extra wide feet, too. Alright...enough ramblings about hobbit feet. One of the hooligans will be awake by 7am, and is sure to wake up the other one, so I'd better head to bed and cash in on my 6.5 hours of sleep. Cousin Hannah: If you're reading this, the kids are still waiting for you. Their bags are packed. Just saying.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Children of the Corn
My little corn munchers. I had to "threaten" the kids yesterday..."if you can't be good you can't have any corn for dinner". Sadly, it worked. Justin is on a diet so he can get back into the Reserves quickly, so there is a stack of sweet corn in husks in the fridge. Now I can really call them "Children of the Corn"! You'd have to really know me to get that joke....sorry.
I remember how I use to update and say things about Emily's developments...and I don't do that. Aiden is left out quite a bit in that manor. Speaking of which, I need to update their baby books, too. Anyway, AIDEN is talking more and more clearly, pairing words together, making little phrases. First off, the kid says "thank you" for practically everything. Give him a drink..."tank you, mommy". Change his diaper..."tank you, mommy". Let him out of time out....(gasping between sobs)"tank...you...mom...my". He really is a sweet boy. When he's by himself. Emily turns him into this creature, that should only be released on your friends that you are trying to talk OUT of having more kids. She shows him things like how to walk from the top of the couch to the top of the coffee table. He now has an inch long BLACK'ish bruise on the edge of his ear(on your right in the pic, though you can't see it well). He likes to yell at Emily. She has taught him that, as well. Usually she yells, "No, Dood!" Now he tells her, "No, Ah-nly!" That's how he says her name. Another new word. It use to just be Mimi, a nickname which came about when she first said her name. I think he started that about a week ago. I noticed this weird word that he was constantly saying. He was just calling his sister. It's very much like my little sister when she would call my name. My mom would call me and say, "Su-sie". When Carrie started it was "Ooo-ey". That then progressed into "Fu-fie", a name that they like to bring up from time to time. Aiden says stuff like, "Ah-nly, come here" or "Ah-nly, where are you?" or "Ah-nly, big, big bull"...which translates to "Emily in big, big trouble". Daddy comes home at night and always asks Aiden if he was good. He always tells the truth, shaking his head and saying, "Aiden big, big bull!" Which is typically the case, since daddy comes home at bedtime(when he's home early) and Aiden is at his worst then. I've decided that if Aiden was a super hero, his super power would be his stealthiness. He gets very quiet behind the chair, while drawing on his hands with my favorite ink pen. One that he's stolen from my purse, and now bent the tip til it's about to break off. Or taking off with ____, after we've told him a million times he cannot touch it. Between the bad, he has his cute quirks and comments. I told them we were having grapes for lunch and Aiden yelled, "YAY! Aiden love grapes!" Emily says, her own funny things, as well. During the rain the other day, Emily watched the down pour through the dining room curtains stating, "Wow. I've never seen it rain before!" Hardly. Or watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time at my sister's this week, "Mom, look at Belle! She looks wonderful!"(in response to Belle entering the room in her yellow dress). Or my favorite, "daddy, you're lazy!" I take full credit for that...the man crammed grapes in a container, smooshing a fourth of them in the process, instead of taking them off the stems so they would all fit! So, I of course got mad and said he was lazy. My fault. She is becoming a little mom to her brother, which he could care less about. Today he was unbuttoning his shirt and she was telling him, "No, Aiden. Let me help you," while fighting back his hands, as well as his arguments, and trying unsuccessfully to button his shirt back up. She has been doing a superb job of fighting me on the whole potty training thing. She is now a seasoned veteran in that department. She does not like to go when you tell her to. Usually we get the response, "But I can't want to go potty!" Then I give her the "you-will-not-live-to-see-your-birthday-if-you-don't-go-to-the-bathroom-right-now" look and she sits on the toilet, always squealing in excitement when she does finally go, like it's the biggest surprise of her life. So aggravating. Aiden's favorite things to do in the bathroom are 1. bathtime 2. brush his teeth(that might be a close tie with baths) 3. wash his hands 4. clean the toilet with his toothbrush, or whoever's brush he can get to first. Curse that step stool. Another thing he does with his super power of extreme stealth. We now have a stash of new toothbrushes waiting in the wings. One thing Aiden loves to do that doesn't involve him getting into trouble, is watching Bear in the Big Blue House. Oh, that Bear. I owe him my life some days. Last winter I would break out Bear videos on super frigid days, so now I incorporate Bear with cold...which is nice to think about on 100 degree days! Aiden LOVES Bear now. He gets excited when Bear sings the "Where is Shadow?" song. He loves Shadow, too. The kid will just sit and stare at this show(as well as Blue's Clues...I can't forget that magical show), not moving, to the point where you're not sure if he's even breathing anymore. I asked him yesterday if he wanted ice cream and he didn't even hear me. Our flight to Germany will be filled with Blue's Clues, Bear in the Big Blue House, Sesame Street, Caillou, Finding Nemo, and Barney videos for sure. Aiden is enjoying being independent. Or attempting to be. He puts his shoes on his feet by himself. The majority of the time they are on the wrong feet, but hey, they are on, velcro straps together and everything. I think Emily only put her shoes on the wrong feet twice in her life(no exaggeration), so it's weird to help him put shoes on his little hobbit feet. Yes, I called my son's feet "hobbit feet". If you haven't seen them, don't be so quick to cast judgements on me. He is in an 8.5 extra wide this summer. His sister is currently wearing size 9 shoes(toddler sizes for both). She isn't showing any signs of needing bigger shoes for the Fall. However, we have already stocked him up. Two pairs of 9xw shoes and two pairs of 9.5xw. He has a brand new pair of size 9 xw sandals for this summer in case he grew, but I don't think he'll need them. Waisted $32 dollars, but it's a price I have to pay. I spent all summer last year with a boy who had to wear hot tennis shoes and socks on the 100 degree days because there were no sandals available in July for his hobbit feet. This year I planned ahead. Anyway. I've learned my lesson. Besides, my niece Famie has a hobbit foot boy, as well, that can benefit from my loss...once he's actually into that size. We blame the Anderson side for the curse of the hobbit feet. Famie's dad(my half brother) had extra wide feet, too. Alright...enough ramblings about hobbit feet. One of the hooligans will be awake by 7am, and is sure to wake up the other one, so I'd better head to bed and cash in on my 6.5 hours of sleep. Cousin Hannah: If you're reading this, the kids are still waiting for you. Their bags are packed. Just saying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment