Saturday, August 29, 2009

This Whyte Girl's Rant and Rave: Sugar Sisters Bakery and Cafe

The Whyte girls are starting a new tradition: Eating at Sugar Sisters! It's a relatively new bakery and cafe in town and has such great food! Rena, Heidi and I went for lunch a while back and loved it(raspberry turkey sandwich...mmm). Today, we shared our new find with Josh's girlfriend, Lori, and were able to experience the wonder that is breakfast. **The restaurant has the cutest decor. Seriously. I remember the first time we visited and thinking, "I want my bedroom to be these colors!" Being married to a manly police officer(well, he watches Army Wives when I'm not in the room, so we won't push that too far), pink was voted out very quickly. The decor is beautiful, though. It's painted brown, with the coolest wallpaper(yeah, wallpaper) behind the overhead menu. Small chandelier lights hang as pendant lighting. My favorite thing is the cutouts in the wall by the register(sadly I didn't get a picture). They house blown up black and white photos of the "Sugar Sisters" as kids, cooking in the kitchen. Super cute. To go along with the brown, there are bits of pink and turquoise around the place. Such a girlie vibe. I LOVE IT! The pink and brown menu with my wallpaper. Sorry, the shot isn't as clear as I would've liked. The restaurant is at Oliver and Central, with big windows facing Central street. They have awesome stools at the tables next to the windows. I need to invest in two of them.
I, being the biscuits and gravy girl that I am, instantly knew what I wanted to order for breakfast(it was $3.99, so it fit this cheap girls budget). However, they were out and since I had to wait to find that out, they let me pick something else to eat at no additional charge. So, I caved and got French toast. Let me just say, I'm very, very thankful for their blunder. It was the absolute best French toast I have ever had! Hands down. :). I made all the girls take a bite, too. They will tell ya! There were three massive pieces of toast, with powdered sugar on them. There is nothing better tasting than that in this whole world! I devoured it before I got a shot of it...my fault.
The coffee set up. When Heidi invited me out, she said we would go for coffee. I don't actually drink coffee, but I did look in the general direction of it. :)
Rena's lemon scone and coffee. I'm a big fan of the plate...which we found out was from Target. Outstanding. Do yourself and your taste buds a favor and run to Sugar Sisters for your next meal! You will not be disappointed. They have a website with their menu to view: www.sugarsistersbakery.com and check out their yummy food blog at www.sugarsistersbakeryblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: