Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Enjoyment

Just some things I'm working on. Made the 'mallows for this yesterday. This is so not a photo done by me. I "borrowed" this from Meg's blog...a photo she had up last December. Mine are definitely not this cute. It's the thought that counts, people!
I did do these. The boxes I bought last winter in preparation for Carrie's wedding. They ended up going to the courthouse, which was even better. Meant that I got to use the boxes for my goodies. :) They were on clearance at Target...50 count for $9.
Getting a few gifts ready. Obviously not for my kids, if the post above is accurate.
We acquired a little white stuff yesterday. I say "stuff" cause it wasn't really snow, so much. Well, there was like 5 minutes of it.
I was hoping to trade out these shoes....
...for these. We woke up this morning expecting snow. It was one of those moments when you say out loud, "Where's the rest of it??"
My little lights admirer isn't feeling the best. Snotty little man. 'Tis the season. Justin has drill this weekend, so we can't go to church anyway, as he will have the truck.
Apple cider with red hots to keep me warm during the 17 degree weather. Brrr.
Justin was off today and tomorrow(well, tomorrow is now today...so yesterday and today...) for Emily's birthday(Thursday--today). He wanted to surprise the kids and have a camp out in the basement. This was their response to that.
If you can see the white vertical line on his shirt...that is where he cut a teepee shape into his turtleneck. As I said on Facebook, he's lucky I didn't have a powwow on his bottom. He looks like a homeless kid in this photo. He had just gotten up from nap(slept a long time as he's feeling crummy) and he doesn't like to wear his jeans to bed. He always insists on putting his pj pants on for nap. He's a funny kid. One of these days we will get a photo of him doing his "I love you" to us. He sticks out his pointer finger as he's laying in bed and wants us to touch his finger to ours...very E.T. It cracks me up, but it's our thing, so I'll take it.
9:40pm and they said, "Goodnight, Mom." I went to bed(really I went to watch TV since the computer was downstairs and would bother them), only to be beckoned by my son at 10:15pm. His father had sent him upstairs to go to his bed. Apparently he's not the camping type. Ha ha. I liked that plan better, anyway. He needed the humidifier on, but I just didn't have the heart to tell him he couldn't be in the tent. I got my way in the end. Got the whole bed to myself while Justin got some super sore shoulders. Ha ha.
Ending with a photo series. Thought it was funny. Emily desperately wanted to eat her gingerbread house on Sunday night after we ventured home from our day trip.
Super struggle. The face(and the noise that you totally missed)is just classic.
Problem solved.

No comments: