Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Speech Overdrive

Sometimes I forget how old Emily is. I have to remind myself that she is only 2 1/2. The things she comes up with these days are just hilarious. Last month she was talking about a baby in her shirt. I asked her where it was, thinking she had a her doll with her. She lifted up her shirt to show me her tummy. I have 3 friends and one family member currently expecting, so I guess that kind of role playing is to be expected. Today, I was hooking her booster seat back up to her chair when she came in and asked, "Mama, whatahhryoo doo-ing?"(which we laugh everytime she says it) I said, "I'm hooking your seat back together." I barely got the sentence out and she said, "Oh! Of course!" That's a first. Her favorite line to tell me now is "be right back, mom". But her newest and funniest line is "please, please mom..."(she is actually asking Justin right now, "please, please dadddy...I want to go to Papa's house and play in the pool.") As she was watching the video of Mike Carroll and Justin taking turns on the diving board, she made sure to tell me, "one at a time", which is what we tell Aiden when he is shoving his food in his mouth. She is counting to 13(and then after that it's all "um-teen".)recognizing her numbers, reciting and recognizing the ABC's and even recognizes and spells ZOO(which should be the first word she recognizes...it's her favorite place on EARTH!). Recently we have been working with her on saying our real names. She asks me what my name is and then says them: "Su-ie", "Ju-tin", "Ainen", and "Emmawee". She says Justin's dad's name(Tim) plain as day, then calls my stepdad "Jaack", my mom "Jih-mee"(Gymmie) and Justin's mom "Eena"(Rena). She starts up songs out of nowhere...Itsy bitsy spider, I love you song, Wheels on the bus... and runs around saying, "JESUS LOVES ME!(as she hugs herself) THIS I KNOW!!!" She is saying and asking me things all of the time. So much that sometimes I have to ask her to stop talking!!! :) One thing I love to hear her say is "Ha-la-yoo"...which is "I love you".

No comments: