Saturday, October 31, 2009

30th pt.1

Here at the Whyte House, we do not have the ability to wait for the actual holiday, etc., to occur before we do things for it. Ha ha. Yesterday while Justin was getting his 3 hour haircut at his dad's(it takes like 10 minutes, but they gab like girls), we made some little projects.
Emily's pumpkin Aiden's ghost
Emily's ghost
I have been trying to work with Emily FOREVER to start writing her letters. She just freezes up and refuses to. So, we tried again yesterday. This is what SHE did. I would show her on another piece of paper and she would write it. She did the y before I showed her, so she went back and fixed it. Ha ha. Editor just like her mom. I don't remember my Pre-K kids being this hard to teach how to write(and believe me, the majority didn't know how to before they got to my class).
Aiden's pumpkin face
We made daddy's little cake(anything bigger would sit around and go bad) I frosted it and the kids put 100 sprinkles all in the same place.
Here is one of the thrift store pans I picked up, now with a new white sheen. We had napkins from Aiden's FIRST birthday, so I thought we should use them up already! :)
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
That's the "stop looking at me, swan" glare.
A bit of a mess.
Our little pumpkins.
"What'd you get?" Good thing I didn't say it was from them.
He was very happy about his gift. We saw this old U.S. Navy hat on Etsy this summer.
It's a tad small, but hey, he's not wearing it to drill or anything.
Doesn't he look like Fievel from An American Tale??
Okay, this pumpkin and I were not friends. It was 2 inches thick and none of our knives were doing much damage to it. We even had a knife casualty. Blade broke off mid-cut.
Patiently waiting.
Still waiting...
..and waiting...
Look at that face!! He's always that red, too.
Pumpkin defeated!! Muahahah!!!
Inspecting.
Digging in their first pumpkin ever. I didn't get pics of it, but Aiden would pull out only one seed at a time.
Yay, Mimi!! Get that stuff out!
Yucky hands!! The pink and blue things behind us on the door are cupcakes that I cut out freehand and wrote "Happy Birthday, Daddy!" on them. The kids colored them--well, Aiden colored his and Emily just wrote her name. He saw them when he came home from his hair appt.
So this was suppose to be the kids pumpkin...but they ran off after their hands were cleaned and went to play Carebears. Role play. Seriously. So, we made it our own. Um, I promise I didn't intend to go with this theme. We've had Reese's peanut butter cups in our house the last 2 weeks and Justin keeps doing the "this is how a vampire eats a Reese's" everytime he eats one. So, I decided to make a vampire. This is Jasper. He's waiting for me to get a papercut. That's for all my New Moon friends out there. Ha ha!!

No comments: