Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New and Old

I wish my mom had internet. Then I could say, "Look how clean my side of the bed is, MOM!!" Of course she has to be one of those people who refuses to get the internet. Fine. Just as well. I didn't actually "clean", instead I emptied out my room. Justin and I finally painted our room. Five years and an hour and a half later, it was painted.

I love it when my husband uses MY tools. This was my dad's hammer...with his initials scratched into it.

I know. No one puts baby in a corner. He put himself there, so it doesn't count. Emily helping Daddy paint. She was so upset that she wasn't getting to help!! Look at that face! He was so excited to try it!! Trying out our new comforter. My bootleg nightstand. This is why I need my nightstand back, Meg! :)
Okay, so the room is partially done. I bought the bedding in March, as well as the door, but we've been wanting to wait so we could put it ALL together. The bedding was taking up my storage space and the door was in the way, so I caved. Luckily we still had paint left from the other rooms, so we didn't have to buy anything. The door isn't up in place yet, it was just sitting there for dramatic effect. The paint needed more time to dry, so we will do the door on Justin's next day off. There will be some molding to add to it, as well, but you get the idea! We didn't do anything to change the finish on the door. I love how dark it is. We are still searching for old/antique nightstands--one with a drawer for Justin and one with a shelf for me and my bedtime books. Some day we will get rid of the TV cabinet and the dresser and opt for an armoire, but for now the nightstands are all we are going to take on. I hate how you have to have money to do things. It's so overrated.
On a lighter note, I won't need to get Aiden any new toys this Christmas. He's been playing with these Sesame Street numbers since he could hold toys. My sister passed these down to us when Emily was about 2 and he is very grateful to her for doing so.
He walks around the house with one or more, following whoever he can around as he chimes about the character on it or just says, "Aiden's nummers".
He stacks them up or just sets them in a row and plays. It's usually followed by a loud crash as he knocks them over and stacks them up again.
I'm happy with not having to buy any more toys. :)

No comments: