Thursday, October 1, 2009

Riverside Park

Today was the end of a long week and hopefully the start of a wonderful weekend. On Monday there was a Sheriff's Deputy that was shot and killed while responding to a fake larceny report. Area officer's, including Justin, spent the afternoon looking for the suspect. After about 6 hours, the suspect popped up in a field--opposite to the one Justin was in--shooting at officer's. After a shoot out resulting in the suspect's death, I'm happy to say that my husband only came home with a sunburn. It was a long day and with the event still very fresh in everyone's minds, it's made the week difficult and seem very long. To add to it, Justin had a bad loss on an important court case on Wednesday. That sealed the deal..it was time to do something enjoyable this week. So, on a whim, we decided to take the kids to the park. Despite the 40 mph wind gusts and the fact that Aiden and I still have coughs, it was quite enjoyable. We met up with Jen and her kids and played...and were even on the news!! Channel 12 was out to ask parents about the H1N1 shot. Jen, being the socialite that she is, obliged them with an interview. She's so funny. The end product looked great!! :) The kids and I had some cameos, as well.
Lunch time at the park! A little shot I caught. I love how this one turned out!!
This one, too.
Up high with Morgan.
The kids went down the BIG slide. I'm not a big fan of the emergency room, so this was the first time for Emily to try this by herself(after going down with daddy a few times first). She had so much fun.
If you're not familiar with Riverside Park in Wichita, it has a huge rocket ship(as seen here) that you use to be able to climb in and up ladders to the top. It's been sealed off for a while due to someone trying a stupid stunt, but the rocket itself has been at the park for a LONG time. We are talking back when Justin's parent were kids! WOW. :) Sorry, Tim and Rena...I know, there goes my Christmas present.
Shy Spider-man, Cole.
The kids.
The kids checking on Morgan. Poor Morg had fallen in between the gap at the back of the bench and scraped herself. Everybody had to make sure she was okay before they would proceed with more picture taking.
The Whitcomb's.
Jen and I love this picture.
Lily pads.
I think they were yelling cause I wouldn't stop taking pictures...
Mama's boy, Cole.
Always performing.

No comments: