Before I cover today's events, I have to post this picture. I pulled out some of Emily's 4t clothes I had been waiting for her to grow into and she spotted this skirt. She was with me last winter when I bought it off the clearance rack and has been begging to wear it. Despite it being a 4t, it's still too big(we had to pin it), but she got to wear it anyway. This is what pure delight looks like. :)

Okay, back to today...
Jen thought it would be so awesome for us to join her at the Maize Fall Festival parade. On the way into Maize, I drove through a stop sign...and this cop was in the road averting traffic at the time and saw it. He called me on it and I said, "I never saw it!"...then he proceeded to explain that it is the red, octagon with blinking red lights(I was by Vermillion Elementary). Thank you Captain Obvious. Still doesn't mean that I didn't see it. There were a ton of people everywhere, all roads blocked off so I couldn't park anywhere, and I had absolutely no idea where I was going, let alone that there would've been a stop sign there to watch out for. Thankfully he was too busy to write me a ticket.

Captain Obvious.

"Grant's Marching Band", as Emily says.

Cymbols...Justin use to play them for Maize. Ha ha. It was about 40 degrees out there and if the band hadn't been one of the first groups through the parade, I would've played it off and said, "Kids the parade is over!!" :)

Emily's favorite..the big, big bus.

Representing the new Maize school...Maize Maverick's. They are splitting Maize into two different schools since it's so big now. I'm happy to report, we made it out without getting frost bite, and without running any more stop signs. :) Oh, and I never got to meet up with Jen, which is why there are no pictures of us together!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment