Saturday, October 24, 2009

Out and About

Last night Justin told the kids that he had a surprise for them on Saturday. Dumb. You would think he would know not to tell them things like that before they went to bed. Emily was up forever. First thing she said to me this morning was " Mommy I want to open Daddy's surprise!!" At noon, we left the house for our "surprise". A TRUCK SHOW!! The kids LOVE to see the construction trucks working on the roads(glad to hear someone likes all the construction in Wichita!!). Justin didn't account for the fact that the people with all the trucks would show the kids where the horns were. I drug Emily around the parking lot at the baseball stadium by her arm...her hands were planted firmly on her ears. Aiden's head was snug against his daddy's head, one hand on an ear, the other squeezing Justin's neck...tight. This is what scared looks like.
Not a lot of time spent near the trucks. They did jump for about 12 minutes in the moon bounce, though. :) All the while Emily was yelling, "Thank you daddy for my surprise!!" Ha ha. We did stop and see the Sheriff van and a fire truck, though.
After the truck show catastrophe, I told Justin that we should go check out pumpkins in College Hill. East Heights always has pumpkins for sale on their front lawn, so we usually try to stop by each year.
No, he's not Cyclops getting ready to make the pumpkin explode with red rays coming out from his eyes. He was inspecting a bug on the pumpkin and the glasses were in the way. He had to take them off. Emily stood there and watched, while he touched the bug. Typical boy. She told him, "Aiden don't even think about it!"
Do you see the bright pink boots?? It was mid 60's and not cold enough for boots, but she wanted to break them in anyway.
These remind me of something that should be on the movie Aliens.
Dear East Heights,
I apologize for all of the damaged pumpkins. I told my son to stop picking them up and dropping them. I will strive to work better on my parenting skills.
Sorry.
P.S. If you don't remember me, I was the one walking away very fast.
Okay, somewhere behind the tall scarecrow is Granny. On our way over, we gave Justin's parents a call to see if they wanted to meet us there. The kids were of course thrilled.
Trespassing. Justin and I could not find where the kids went. Turns out Granny and Papa taught them how to trespass. Nice.
Right before Aiden jumped 3 ft. from Papa scaring him.
If you've always wondered where Justin gets IT from....now you know.
This is my favorite.
This is what tired looks like. I was up til 2:30am and then woke up after 8am.
The pic below--Rena was making Justin laugh.
After pumpkin time was over, we left to grab lunch. Only we didn't make it to lunch(it was after 2:30pm, by the way). Since it was just down the street, we made a stop in at Country Bumpkins to see Cyndi.
Cyndi put my kids in the box!
I got to get one goodie. :) I love that store. Through the blog, I got my friend Dina to visit, too! We saw her at the register when we walked in.
We finally made it home with the kids and fixed them "lunch" at 3:45pm. We had breakfast at 10am, so it wasn't that bad. I was home a whole 5 minutes and ran back out the door to go back up to Newton. I was determined to get the nightstand and chair we saw at the Thrift Store the day before. I made it up there 30 minutes before closing time. My nightstand and chair did not wait for me. Tear. Someone took them away. Sigh.
Leaving the Thrift store, there was a train and Main street was backed up, so I drove out of the parking lot via the back lot. There's a skating rink behind it with this outstanding retro picture. I loved it!!
The Warkentin House in Newton. I found my wrap around porch!
Did I mention I found some stuff at the Thrift Store, afterall?? :)
Card catalog. 75 cents.
$2. I really like this. It looks like it was a tray. I don't care...I thought it was super cool. The frame will get painted black and the rest cleaned up. It will go in the kitchen over the hutch.
My Country Bumpkins find.
Thrift Store.
Some fabrics that I found. Oh, Jen....
Super buy of the day.
To make up for the super cute retro chair that I lost out on, I found this one. It was $2.
This book is pretty old and has very vibrant pictures inside. I will be using them soon.
A little something for Aiden.
Trio of square glass holders. Total at the Thrift Store: $10.

3 comments:

meg duerksen said...

were you really peeking in on me?! HA!
i wish i was young enough to enjoy the skating rink...i remember a sleepover party that we went there.
what i have learned about the thrift shops...you have to snag it when it see it. the good stuff hardly ever waits around. :)

jennifer said...

You're killing me with all of the sewing!!!!

the whyte house said...

megan- speaking of stalker'ish...
you can blame that train!! lol.
i would've snagged those items on friday, but they didnt have prices on them and i was sure they were out of my price range. i had no idea things were so cheap there!!

jen- you're such a fuddy duddy. :)