Friday, November 20, 2009

NEW MOON. pt 2

Tonight...this morning was phenomenal. I was ready to go to bed during Twilight, though. I watch it a lot of times and use the music to put me to sleep. Ha ha. When New Moon came on...no comparison to the first flick. Showing the title alone was great. The first 5 minutes of the movie were better than all of Twilight. Though I do love Black Ghosts 'Full Moon' intro song as the blue screen with the title, "Twilight", appears. The music in New Moon was so much better. There were some really great selections. They crammed quite a bit of the key items together in the movie, but the dream sequences, the effects, the wolves fighting, the vampires fighting, the acting...so much better!!! Justin said it was more of a vampire movie than the last one, even with the lovey dovey stuff. It was even comical. Jessica(Anna Kendrick's character) was quite funny, Jacob(Taylor Lautner)had some good lines, Eric(Justin Chon) at the beginning watching Romeo and Juliet in class was so funny. To my friends who haven't seen it yet, prepare yourselves for a great show.

So backing up a bit...this is what we gave everyone as thank you's. Nothing says "New Moon" like New Moon candy, vampire teeth candy(chocolate w white chocolate...so good), Twilight Woods lotion and... ...a band-aid...for all of those papercuts. :) Part of the movie, if you didn't know that. Outside of the theater sits a lovely Volvo. Nice cross promotion. Some of the girls from my church came with us. Behind the girl on the right in a white shirt is an old friend from MCC that lives in town. Amanda is so busted. She said this is her secret guilty pleasure. ha ha. The boy with his ticket. He held it up and said, "Let's get this over with". Justin went to sleep after 12am yesterday and was back up at 5am. We got home this morning after 2:30am, so he is soundly asleep in his bed...not in the theater like he was attempting. I hit him in the stomach a couple of times. :) Jen, the ringleader, Tammy--who came out from Overland Park, KS to join in and Mindy...all friends from Maize High. These gals are the funniest! Jen and I got to take a pic with some of the cast members. Thank you to Courtney, who sat by me, chatted along with me and was the sweetest girl ever...and she brought a boy with her so Justin wasn't the only one. He was just as sweet as she was. I asked him if he got sucked into coming...he said, "no, bitten." ha ha. Thanks to Meg(who we met at our friend Kevan's wedding this summer) for the comic commentary during Twilight. As she says, "YUMMY!" Glad you could join in, Meg. And thanks to Jen for orchestrating this whole ordeal. LOVED. IT. Okay, it's 3:30am...going to bed. Natalie hope you enjoyed my brief synopsis of the party!! I know Germany isn't going to show you the flick til Thanksgiving, but it'll be worth it! OH!! And thanks to Leslie for calling us from your premiere in Oklahoma!! Ha ha. Can't wait to see you next month!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Seriously!!!!! I call a Re-Do!!!!! Mindy and I went to get Jenn at 8:00 because we were so stinkin' excited!!!

I told them I had had knots in my stomach ALL day thinking about everything! I secretly told them I was so nervous to meet you (and made them swear not to tell you). Of course they laughed and made fun of me...

I call a Re-Do because I am so bummed we didn't get a chance to talk more!

You and Jenn did such an awesome job putting everything together and making it a great event for all. Kuddos!! :o)

And as a non twilighter, it was a pretty darn good movie!