Out
Friday. Daddy's home. Outting day. Justin has his first drill this weekend, so he needed to get to the "barbershop" and get his hair cut. Which means we made a trip out to see Papa.
Ila(ee-la) is very curious about photography. :)
He is too cute. You just can't deny it.
Does anyone else have a grumpy girl or am I the only one?? I truly dread the day someone teaches her about "the finger", cause I fear that I will be getting it from her. A lot.
Ah, a nicer face.
Emily has a stick. The dog must follow.
It started out as marching with the stick. Then it turned into running with the stick to get away from the dog.
Little Ila is just trying to fit in.
Emily gave him his own stick. Ha ha.
Why we decided to do haircuts at naptime I will never know. He hates haircuts when he's happy. It took 3 of us to hold his hands down and head still.
Shorter hair. Very tired and sad to leave Papa's house.
The kids went home to nap, while Justin did 5 of his 8 sections of math, so I went out by myself. I visited the ReStore(Habitat for Humanity store)and saw this beauty. $40. My heart hurts.
Driving through downtown, on the phone with my mom, I spotted an antiques store at Central and Washington area that I had never visited. So of course I stopped, (after yelling on the phone to my mom, "OH!! An ANTIQUES STORE--IT'S OPEN!!!!!" )and came across this train make-up case. I've seen them on Etsy for as low as $10(and as high as $100), with $12-$18 shipping on top of that. I've been looking for one for Emily. We want to get her some Barbie sized Disney Princess dolls for Christmas, but wanted to have a container prepared to contain the mess. This one is kinda banged up, like something heavy had been on top during it's storage time, and of course the inside needs help. It was $3. Actually, I paid $2.55. You just can't argue with that. Emily is going to toss it all around, anyway.
Okay. The inside needs major help. I cleaned the outside and inside with Clorox wipes and used an old toothbrush to clean the outside crevices a little better. The zipper pouch inside unsnaps, so I've already taken it out. The top part inside is something I'm just not touching. Anyone want to rehab an old case for an almost 4 year old?? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment